Monday 17 June 2013

De Montfort Uni Open Day: Graphics+ Illustration

Had my first University Open Day today! This one was for De Montfort 
in Leicester. I looked around the Arts Degree Festival and attended 
a talk about my chosen course.


Graphics & Illustration
  • Digital Portfolio needed for application
  • Should apply with skills and experience in Adobe CS5
  • Interview not needed, but a personal statement is
  • 85% employment rate
  • Exposure to existing companies 
  • Lot of independence & peer assessment

  • Y1: Exposure to techniques in Graphics & Illustration
  • Y2: Developing skills in chosen area
  • Y3: Producing final outcomes in your own developed style and best skill set
  • - Tutors will monitor your work in Y1, If you struggle you will be asked to leave.
  • - International Oppurtunities between Y2 and Y3

I wanted to see what kind of work would be produced from this course, so I went to the Art Festival. I was so happy and excited to see that there were a few examples of book illustration there. I was even more impressed that the students had actually made printed copies of their books instead of just producing the imagery, and they wrote their own stories as opposed to interpreting an existing one.

I love how this student has made her portfolio in the same way; it is very unique and interesting.








Below is another illustration example. This was my favourite project from the whole floor. I found the characters very endearing and I loved the rich colour scheme. I love how each of the characters were hand made and so they could be moved around to suit the story. 














Design Craft
I looked around the other floors as well out of interest. I came across this one project which is totally amazing.  It is a 3-D model made entirely out of paper, influenced by water patterns in waved and rain drops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment